Tuesday, December 2, 2008




I like mushrooms. Cute little red capped mushrooms, mostly. I started collecting them, as if I needed something else to collect.



We were at Macy’s looking at Martha’s beautiful line of Christmas ornaments when I spotted these adorable mushroom ornaments. They were 50% off so that made it okay, right?



Lindsey and I always stop in Hobby Lobby on Saturday mornings. This week I discovered a magical little display of the cutest mushrooms in three sizes. The best part, they were 50% off too! I had to have one in each size.



A few weeks ago, we were in a flea market when this little mushroom and squirrel bank decided to come home with me.



Also in the same booth, this beautiful handpainted mushroom.



Lindsey found this beautiful embroidered mushroom tablecloth on etsy and ordered it for me. I wonder what other lady loved mushrooms, too.



This was the picture on my Mary Engelbreit calendar today. It’s what got me to thinking about my mushrooms today.

Nature alone is antique and the oldest art is a mushroom. –Thomas Carlyle



Lollishops opened this week. You can click on our link in our side bar and it will take you right to our shop, Fancy That. Thanks to Kathy, I have had my first sale! She bought one of my scarves. Thank you so much Kathy. If you haven’t visited Kathy of Kat Collects you need to stop by her blog and give her some encouragement. She had surgery on her foot and can’t be as mobile as she’d like which is hard this time of year. Kathy was one of my past swap partners and we have remained friends.



This is such an awesome time of year to have the opportunity to be kind to someone else. Remember, through all the stressful rushing around to be patient with one another.

Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else’s life forever. – Margaret Cho

Wishing you much happiness!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

The mushrooms are cute. What is it about that particular fungus that we all find so charming? LOL!

I love Twyla on TUESDAY's! Know why???

Because it means that tomorrow is

BARBIE WEDNESDAY! YAYYYYYY!!! :)

Pink Princess said...

I adore that scarf, to cute! And the mushrooms are pretty too.

Hugs from Marian

MaryEllen said...

Love those mushrooms! wayy cute.
And I'm lucky enough to have a Hobby Lobby near by too.
have a wonderful week.
MaryEllen

Stacey said...

Good Morning Twyla. I never would have thought of mushrooms and they are adorable. You've found some really cute ones.

Thanks for the kindness reminder. It really is the small ways that count. :)

Lindsay-ann said...

Thanks for showing all your gorgeous mushroom treasures. I love the mushroom and squirrel bank it looks very familiar. I think I had something similar years ago.
I will be stopping by your Lollishop. Those scarfs are beautiful.
Lindsay

Holly said...

I remember making mushroom candles when I was 11. :>

Linda Lou said...

HOW CUTE ARE MUSHROOMS TO COLLECT!! I WAS ANXIOUSLY AWAITING YOUR NEXT POST AND IT WAS WORTH IT...GREAT SCARF!...BY THE WAY I WAS SUPPOSED TO GO TO HOBBY LOBBY WHEN I WAS IN S. DAKOTA WITH MY FRIEND BUT IT WAS CLOSED-I HEARD THEY HAD WONDERFUL STUFF.

Michelle Palmer said...

Love your mushroom collection~ they are a lot of fun! All shapes & sizes seem to find their way into my designs! They're the perfect touch~
Your scarf is beautiful~ such a gift!

Best wishes!
Michelle

Heidi Ann said...

What a delightful collection of mushrooms! My favorite is the bank - cute!
Your scarf is beautiful, too.

Happy@Home said...

Hi Twyla,
I like your mushroom collection and how fun to find them at 50% off.
Your scarf is so pretty ~ I love the flower on it. Also I agree with your kindness quote and such a good reminder for us at this busy time of year.

Enjoy your day.

Jenni B said...

Fun post. Those mushrooms are a hoot!

Pop over to my blog to say hi and enter to win a fab giveaway! I'm giving away some of the ornaments I had on the Martha Stewart Show with me last year (which Martha actually took home with her)!

Jenni B

Knot Garden said...

I like spotty things and the mushrooms are all adorable. They remind me of illustrations in the books I used to read when I was little. I love the set of 3 in different sizes.

KatCollects said...

Hi Twyla,
I love all the mushrooms, so cute! And I can't wait to get the scarf for Sarah, I know she is going to love it! I haven't had the chance to check out Lollishops much yet, but I headed straight for your store : ) I know you will do well.
Hugs,
Kathy

Alexandra MacVean said...

Hi Twyla, the mushrooms are too cute! I especially like the first one and the Mary Engelbreit calendar. :)

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What a cute collection... there is something so adorable about them!

Thank you for the congrats on becoming an aunt, i went and visited my little nephew this evening and he is such a cutie

Victoria xx

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Twyla,
What a fun and cute collection of mushrooms you have:) and I forgot to say to Lindsey...LOVE your pink Christmas tree:)I bet you will do great with the Lollishop.
Christmas JOY to You.
Deb

Pearl said...

Hi Twyla... I just adore your sweet Mushroom Collection... Reading this post made me think of all of the times my sweet Mom and I would take long walks in the woods and pick mushrooms. She loved to clean them and cook them for Daddy... Thank you for bringing back a precious memory for me... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your first lollishop sale! I love all of your mushrooms... I collect them too!
Missy

Unknown said...

Twyla, Thank you so much for all of the kind comments you and Lindsey leave on my blog. I don't think many read; so I really appreciate the support. I truly enjoy both of your postings. Lindsey is very much like the young woman I was. I don't think that shyness ever leaves. She is a special young woman. Happy Holidays! Elizabeth

Unknown said...

What a swet post. I love this quote. It is so true. This time of year especially. I love the scarf. Very pretty with the flower. I'm off to check out your lollishop.
Quick question...where do you keep all of your collections?
hugs to you both,
Tammy