Friday, May 28, 2010

Altered Clipboard

Hello friends!
I want to share with you a clipboard I recently altered!



I used a dreamy new line of paper called "Thrift Shop" by October Afternoon. I knew when I heard the name of this line that I was going to love it! They also have another new release that coordinates well called "Fly a Kite".

The names of these papers are so cute! One is called "Collector's Item" and another called "Near Mint".



I added lots of layers to make this decorative clipboard. It will not be used as it's main function anymore but it happily sits on a shelf at the scrapbook store where I work, inspiring others to create with this paper!

I used these great Tim Holtz Grungeboard hinges covered with Barn Door Distress Ink! I love how they turned out! Grungeboard is a really flexible, textured chipboard which is one of my favorite new crafty items right now!

A crepe paper rosette and vintage mini ric rac finish off this clipboard!
I hope I have inspired you to try altering a clipboard!

Here is a glimpse of other lovely patterns from this new paper collection!


Have a crafty Friday, Lindsey

19 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

What a lovely alteration! You are so lucky to do what you love and work in a place that promotes that. That sweet little image in the previous post gave me a giggle -- when no one's with me I'm all alone. :) Best wishes for a fabulous Friday! Tammy

Unknown said...

Lindsey, I didn't know you worked at a scrapbooking store! How lucky you are!!! I would have to give them every paycheck! LOL This is a great board!!!! Love the layers and the other embellishments! :)

Kathy said...

LOVE IT LINDSEY, YOU ALWAYS DO GREAT WORK.

Anonymous said...

WOW......It is so.....WOW!! Love it!!
Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend!
Marillyn
xxoo

barncat (Lisa) said...

This is wonderful! I think I need to make two, a "flat" one that could be used, and one like yours just to look at, I love it!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I LOVE this!

Have a great weekend,

Victoria xx

Hearts Turned said...

Love your clipboard, Lindsey! Okay...this new paper collection? I MUST have it! I don't have any scrapbook stores near me, so I love seeing new things on blogs like this--thanks!

Hope you two have a wonderful Memorial weekend with your family!

Julie

Heidi Ann said...

I love it Lindsey! And I may just have to get that "Thrift Shop" paper!

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Lindsey,

I never got to work at a scrapbook store, but I practically live in them, and I used to design projects for them, so there was a lot of free product. I wish I still did that sometimes. Your clipboard is adorable, love that line of paper, too. October Afternoon is amazing!

Hugs,
Meri

Dogwood said...

Too cute. Great colors. I love the layering of embellishments. What a fun project.

Enjoy you day. Dogwood

Anonymous said...

I’ve just subscribed to your RSS feed. I love your posts.

suesueb said...

Love all the vintage craftiness! Also enjoying the Barbie love!!!

Tobi Britton*pinkpixieforest.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful! Love your Blog Girls!
Sparkly Hugs,
Tobi and the pixies

Pam said...

This is just too cool! You did a great job with it! Have a wonderful weekend!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

It looks like you had way to much fun altering your clip board It is so cute!!

Carol

Becca said...

I just bought Thrift Shop last night. Can't wait to make something.

Theresa Plas said...

How NEAT! Thanks for sharing!

CC said...

Ohhh,I love,love the clipboard. It's wonderful..and I love the paper and other images you shared. I must look to see if I can find the Thrift Shop papers in my area...I really like them.

Dapoppins said...

Oh, I was wondering what the Tim Holtz chip thingy's would look like. How fantastic! And I love the thrift store line...too, and all the things you do with it.