Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Barbie Wednesday

Hello friends!
I thought I would share a photo of one of my Bubble Cut Barbies in a favorite dress of mine!
This dress was one of my Mom's doll dresses from when she was a child and I love having that special piece from her childhood to cherish!
The dress is called "Garden Wedding" #1658 from 1966. This is a two-piece outfit of a pink dress and white lace overdress. Unfortunately I don't have the pink under dress but I managed to find a pretty little pink dress from my stuff to recreate the look.


I have many vintage Barbie cases! I love collecting them as much as the dolls themselves! I have quite a few in my collection and this one is one of my most unique! It is a hat box style with beautiful pink and aqua images!

Here is a photo of a Barbie recently unveiled by Mattel as the most expensive Barbie in the world. She has a 1.00 ct pink Australian diamond around her neck amongst white diamonds! She also has a diamond ring too!


Wishing you a lovely day, Lindsey

13 comments:

Bonjade said...

I love the old vintage clothes from this. I got a cindy recently with some vintage clothing....
I love it, you really see the old style in it...
Nice day

Kathleen said...

Lovin that Barbie!

Hugs, Kathleen

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

So is the worlds most expensive Barbie going to make it into your collection?!

I have to say I'd rather have the dolls dress that was from your mum's collection, far more treasured.

Victoria x

Elyse said...

happy barbie wednesday!

great pics, as always. love the older barbies best.

xo
elyse

Vintage Christine said...

Your Bubble Cut Barbie looks just like Ann-Margret! Never was a big fan of the Bubble Cut hairstyle--I'm more the traditionalist ponytail, but I love Barbie no matter how her hair looks!!

Jill said...

Those old vintage barbies are the best! I wish my mom had kept all the barbies my sisters & I had when we were little!
Happy Wednesday!

Heidi Ann said...

I look forward to Barbie Wednesdays, and I always love to see pieces from your great collection!

Sherrie said...

I finally did a Barbie post today. Boy do they bring back memories. I showed my bubble cut blonde wig Barbie as well. I love seeing your Barbie stuff.

Happy@Home said...

The expensive Barbie is very pretty, but I'll take the bubble cut any day. :-)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Besides the fact that my Mom wouldn't let me have a Ken to go with my Barbie...Oh who knows what 2 plastic dolls might do in a dark carrying case ha! I never got REAL Barbie clothes. Just handmade ones that a friend of my grandmothers made! Sooo, I love the outfit!

hjn said...

Oh Barbie, You are so stylin!

Unknown said...

AHHHH HAAAA Now I know what to be on the lookout for! The pink under dress! Cute, cute case. The black ones are my favorite, too! Hope you are having a busy and fun spring at work! Elizabeth

VS said...

I ADORE vintage Barbie's & Skipper's!! How fun to see all your special pieces from your collection. Thanks for sharing.
Smiles,
Susie