Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Sugar Kissed Wreath

Hello friends!
Today we are sharing a tutorial for this lovely wreath created for our Sugar Kissed Christmas Vignette!


Start by taking a styrofoam wreath which can be found at any craft store, and wrap all the way around it with yarn.  The easiest way we found to do this is by making two balls of yarn and just wrap them around
the wreath together pushing the yarn together as you go to create a plush look.  Hide ends on back side.




I then created this little mini banner using a chipboard banner set by Maya Road along with pink snowflake paper by October Afternoon. Vintage song sheet paper circles, OA alphabet stickers and red and white bakers twine finish off this banner.





I wrapped the baker's twine around the wreath and tilted the wreath so that the banner would hang off center.



A strip of wide red lace ribbon wrapped around the wreath and tied with a bow at the top made the perfect hanger for the wreath.



A variety of paper rosettes, velvet leaves and chipboard holly were the perfect accents for this wreath.




The possibilities of color combinations and styles for these wreaths are endless! A truly fun project!



I hope you try creating one this season!

Wishing you all a lovely weekend, Lindsey and Twyla

20 comments:

Carrie said...

That is SO cute!!! I love the mini banner!!!!

Brigitta said...

This is really pretty!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Great project girls! I don't think I've ever seen any styrofoam forms here. :/ I will wait for December to roll around before holiday decorating and crafting begins. Hard to believe November is almost over. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. :) Tammy

Linens Lace and Lattes said...

love the banner and the wreath is darling.
deb
linenslaceandlattes

Pierelantijntjes said...

Thank you for this great tutorial,
Hugs Ester

Claudia said...

That is the cutest wreath! Thanks so much for the tutorial.

xo
Claudia

Foxglove said...

This is so beautiful thank you.

Have a glorious weekend. xxx

debi said...

What a sweet wreath! Thanks for the tut! I just noticed you were published in Artful Blogger, congrats! Love, love all of those mags!

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Twyla and Lindsey! I hope you girls had a lovely Thanksgiving!...This wreath is so adorable and so is your "sugar kissed" vignette! What a sweet collection of goodies!...Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend! xo Paulette ;)

Rizzi said...

YOUR WREATH IS LOVELY, GREAT IDEA.
HAVE A NICE WEEKEND.
RIZZI

Unknown said...

Your blog is so cute ladies! Your idea's are never ending and so helpful to all of us who need gumdrops of inspiration!
Merry days ahead for all of us. Thanks for doing your wonderful part in keeping us happy!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

The mini banner on the wreath is so sweet!
Have a great weekend!
Warmly,
deb :)

Dogwood said...

I am going to make one FOR SURE. Thanks for the tutorial.

Unknown said...

I love it I love it! I love it! That is darling!!!

April C said...

The wreath is gorgeous ladies! I love it. I should be doing laundry right now but I just spent the last 45 minutes reading through your Sugar Kissed Christmas posts from last year and you ladies are so inspiring I could spend my entire day on here! I love all the vintage images and tutorials! Everything on here is so sweet it's giving me a toothache. Have a lovely sugar-kissed day :)

Sarita Boyette said...

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving! Your little pink & red vignette is just darling as is the wreath. The accents at the bottom of the wreath remind me of an old fashioned Christmas corsage. xoxoxo

Dapoppins said...

How do I make those folded paper rosettes/fans? I love them, but mine...don't turn out.

Holly Hall said...

Pretty, pretty!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Your vignette is so darling and I love your wreath and hope to get around to making one!

Anonymous said...

Love it, girls! Love YOU, too! ♥