Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Altered Composition Book

Hello friends!
Here is the composition book that I showed a couple weeks ago while it was still in progress.
It's now complete!





 
This book is for the hostess with the mostest!


 


 
It was so fun to make this retro style book.
 I added 3 vintage pink buttons and hand dyed seam binding.






The inside cover has this super sweet pink recipe patterned paper.





 
This book would work great for writing down your favorite recipes or writing down memories of time spent with your family in the kitchen.


 


Composition books are easy to alter and you can get easily addicted to making them!
I hope you try one!

The back inside cover has a similar pattern to continue the vintage pink style!




This book is now in our etsy shop!

Don't forget to leave a comment on my Distress Ink tutorial post
to enter our tag giveaway!

Have a great day, Lindsey

12 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Very nice...love it! Blessings

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Ladies,

Hey Lindsey how did you switch the item the lady was holding? I thought you didn't have a graphics program to do that with, or did you find that graphic like that? I switched the squishy margarine bag she originally had to a glass container of milk in one of my labels once, using Photoshop. I love playing with graphics...of course you and your mom know that. Once things settle down here, we need to seriously do some swapping. Your composition book is gorgeous, thank you for sharing all your lovely projects with us.

Lot's of love,
Meri

Ann said...

I love altered books. This one is perfect for the kitchen. So cute!!!
Ann

Rizzi said...

I LOVE YOUR KITCHEN BOOK, AND THE VINTAGE LOOK IS GREAT. THANKS FOR SHARING....
RIZZI

April C said...

What a gorgeous book! Thanks for sharing!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Great retro pics!! So much to create, so little time!

Unknown said...

Hi again! I know I'm gonna sound odd, but I wish you'd show how to create a journal using a composition notebook....you've probably shown it and you're saying
OMG has she been under a rock?! But, remember, I'm fabric not paper
I have seen your paperbag book tutorial.

GerryART said...

I have a dozen composition notebooks right here in my sewing room.
I've made a dozen quilted journal covers for the previous dozen notebooks.
BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT I AM SMITTEN by your beautiful altered book.
L♥O♥V♥E it ! ! ! !
Hugs,
Gerry

Deanna said...

OMG!!! I love it!!

Deanna :D

Theresa said...

LOVE IT! You ladies create beauty in everything you do! Have a blessed day my friend! HUGS!

KayteeJane said...

Lyndsey & Twila, Just found your blog because you became a follower of mine. Thank you. I love the altered composition book. Your blog is right up my alley. Can't wait to check back often! Katie

Cindy said...

I have made several fabric covered notebooks also, but I will have to give paper a try. Yours is lovely.